Thursday 23 July 2009

RHS flower show inspiration

The RHS flower show is currently on at Tatton Park, which is just round the corner from our lovely Chester office, and it's inspired me to get green fingered! Unfortunately city living means I only have a few pots on my balcony to plant flowers in, so I've resorted to wearing the summers pretty floral tea dresses and printed rose scarves to get my flower fix wherever I am.

Although i love being a vision in ditsy print, i think the girls here at Pearl and Butler were on the right track when they suggested I indulge my passion by mixing floral jewellery pieces in with some of my less exciting clothes to give them a new 'flower power' lease of life.

So with that seed firmly planted in my head (excuse the pun)- here are my favourite picks for floral accessories from www.pearlandbutler.com to brighten up your day.

First up is the lovely cerise rose pendant, (£14) which combines two trends at once- summer brights and floral, and can be worn to liven up plain black or clashed 'Sex And The City' style with a bright orange maxi dress or apple green tulip skirt.

If muted tones are more your thing then our in house design range Ruby Butler will definitely have a floral treat to suit your tastes and budget, and as each piece is a one of a kind, you know you're wearing a truly unique piece of jewellery. My favourite is the mother of pearl flower on a pale green suede cord, perfect for you or for a gift.

If rings are more your thing, then why not wear your flower on your hand (rather than your heart on your sleeve) with our gold rose ring, a steal at £10.50. Or try one of our many murano glass rings, to give whatever you're wearing a hint of country garden chic!

And if you're headed to sunnier shores then take a slice of the english garden with you with our turquoise flower necklace and bracelet, which feature semi precious turquoise stones and a chunky silver flower, and are the perfect beach to bar accessories.

So there you have my floral faves to bring a little bit of the RHS flower show into the office, hope you like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment